Frequently Asked Questions

These are some of the common questions we get asked most. If you have any other question don’t hesitate to contact us via email, by phone or in person.

You can find all the details you need on our contact us page.

Which Conditions Do We Treat?

  • Neck pain, with or without related headaches and dizziness
  • Shoulder pain
  • Knee pain, Meniscus/cartilage damage
  • Tennis elbow and golfers elbow
  • Hand and finger problems
  • Nerve entrapment (pinched nerves)
  • Thoracic or low back pain, bulging/slipped/prolapsed discs
  • Sciatica
  • Muscle tightness and spasm
  • Tendonitis/tendinosis/tendinopathy
  • Bursitis
  • Ligament strains and tears, ACL and medial ligament injury
  • Sprained ankles and wrists
  • Plantar fasciitis
  • Lymphedema

Do I Need A Referral From My Doctor?

You generally do not need a referral from your doctor. Physiotherapists are ‘primary care providers‘. Anyone can see a physio, and you do not need a referral. We have a HICAPS terminal for on-the-spot claiming from your health fund (if you have one). The only cases in which you definitely need a GP referral is for the Extended Primary Care (EPC). If your GP has provided you with up to 5 physiotherapy consults as part of your EPC plan, you are entitled to a Medicare rebate on part of your consultation fee.

I’ve Been Injured At Work, Can You Help?

There are a few steps for you to follow possibly before the first physiotherapy consultation:

  • If you have been injured at work, you need to notify your employer within 30 days of you becoming aware of your work-related injury. A good way to formally notify your employer is to fill out the Register of Injuries, which must be kept at each workplace. You should seek any medical treatment necessary. Tell your doctor or health provider the circumstances of your work-related injury in the first consultation.
  • If you incur medical expenses or need to take time off work, you will need to complete a Worker’s Injury claim form. Your employer should be able to provide you with a copy. The claim form must be given back to your employer either by hand or post, once you fill it.
  • Obtain a ‘Certificate of Capacity’ from your GP. If you are claiming for time off work, you also need to have a WorkCover Certificate of Capacity from your treating General Practitioner (GP). An ordinary medical certificate will not be accepted. The initial WorkCover Certificate of Capacity should cover a period of no more than 14 days and all subsequent certificates should be for a period of up to 28 days.